Posts Tagged allah
In the Qur’an, Allah informs us how belief benefits a woman:
Do not marry women who associate [others with Allah] until they believe. A slave girl who is one of the believers is better for you than a woman who associates [others with Allah], even though she may attract you. And do not marry men who associate [others with Allah] until they believe. A slave who is one of the believers is better for you than a man who associates [others with Allah], even though he may attract you. Such people call you to the Fire, whereas Allah calls you, with His permission, to the Garden and forgiveness. He makes His Signs clear to people so that, hopefully, they will pay heed. (Surat al-Baqara: 221)
Allah reveals that belief, fear and respect of Allah, and Islamic morality are the foremost causes of the believers’ strength of character and virtue. Belief makes all of a person’s qualities meaningful. In addition, the Qur’an’s morality helps women, and everyone else, to acquire a most strong, solid, and virtuous character. As Allah revealed in the verse, “No indeed! We have given them that by which they are remembered [i.e. their honor, eminence and dignity]” (Surat al-Mu’minun: 71), this morality gives people their dignity and honor. Therefore, women who live by this morality will be respected and enjoy their deserved honor and dignity.
Following is the List of Tamil Islamic Blogs:
9. Islamic Fold
12. Iniya Maarkkam
14. Nidur Blog
15. Naan Muslim
17. Say No To Dowry
19. Muslim Arasiyal
20. Islam Preaches
21. Azeez spin
22. Islamic Paradise
23. Eliya Markkam
24. Eliya Markkam
26. Iniya Ramadan
27. Islamic Ummath
28. TNR ZAHIR
More Sites will be added later, Insha ALLAH.
7. Islam Finland
( a muslim converts blog with super info)
8. Muslim Sister Maria
(a muslim sister with very inspirational blog contents)
9. Islamic Etiquette
(many of the islamic etiquettes in one place)
10. Islam Future
( download free islamic books, great resource of knowledge)
( muslim blog)
14. Yassarnal Quran
16. Islamic Studies
Want to add your islamic blog in this list? Do you know the other islamic blogs in english? Submit on comment box. InshaALLAH i will add it soon..
51) The Qur’an repeatedly warns of a certain day.Can you say which day it is?
A) Youmal Qiyamah.(Doomsday)
52) Who were those people with whom Allah was pleased and they were pleased with Him, as mentioned in the Qur’an?
A) Companions of Prophet Muhammed.(Sallallah u Alaihi Wasallam)
53) In which Holy Book of Non-Muslims the Qur’an mentioned repeatedly?
A) In the Holy Book of Sikh Community-Granth Saheb.
54) In which year were the vowels inserted in the Qur’an?
A) 43 Hijri.
55) Who were the first serious students of the Qur’an?
A) As-haabus Suffah.
56) Which is the first Residential University where the faculty of the Qur’an was established for the first time?
A) Masjid-e-Nabvi. [Mosque of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)]
57) By what name did the Qur’an address those noble and pious people who were selected by Allah to convey His
message to mankind?
A) Nabi (Prophet) and Rasool (Messenger).
58) What type of a person does the Qur’an want to make?
59) What is the scale or measure of one’s dignity according to the Qur’an?
A) Thaqwa. (Piety)
60) What according to the Qur’an is the root cause of the evil?
61) What are the two most important types of kinds of Aayaat (Verses)found in the Qur’an?
A) Muhakamaat and muthashabihaath.
62) Which is the longest Surah (Chapter) in the Qur’an?
63) Which is the smallest Surah in the Qur’an?
64) What was the age of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) when Qur’an was first revealed to him
through Jibraeel (Alaihis-salaam) ?
A) 40 Years.
65) How long did Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) receive the revelation of the Qur’an in Makkah?
A) 13 Years.
66) How long did Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) receive the revelation of the Qur’an in Madinah?
A) 10 Years.
67) Where was the first Surah revealed?
A) In Makkah.
68) Where was the last Surah revealed?
A) In Madinah.
69) How many years did it take for the complete revelation of the Qur’an?
A) 22 years,5 months and 14 days.
70) Which Surah(Chapter) of the Qur’an is to be read compulsorily in each raka’at of the Salaat (Namaaz)?
71) Which is the Surah, which Allah taught as a Du’a(Prayer) ?
72) What is the reason of keeping Surah-al-Fatihah in the beginning of the Qur’an?
A) It is the door to the Qur’an
73) What is the Surah (Chapter) revealed completely and found first place in the Qur’an?
74) Who was the only lady whose personal name is found in the Qur’an?
A) Mariam(Alaihis- salaam).
75) In which Surah (Chapter) of the Qur’an do you find maximum instructions?
76) When and Where did the Prophet Muhammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and Jibraeel (Alaihis-salaam)
meet for the second time?
A) On Friday,18th Ramadan,in the Cave of Hira.
77) What was the interval between the first and the second revelation?
A) 2 years and six months.
78) Which is the Surah (Chapter) that does start without Bismillah?
A) Surah-al-Taubah or Bara’ath.
79) In which Surah (Chapter) of the Qur’an Bismillah is repeated twice?
A) Surah-al Naml.
80) How many Surah (Chapter) in the Qur’an have the titles named after different Prophets?
A) 6 Surahs (Chapters):
81) In which part of the Qur’an do you find ‘Ayat-ul-Kursi’ (Verse of the Throne)?
A) In the beginning of the third Part .(Chapter2-55)
82) How many different names of Allah are mentioned in the Qur’an?
83) Who were the three non-prophets whose names are mentioned with due respect in the Qur’an?
A) Luqman,Aziz of Egypt and Zulqarnain.
84) At the time Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu) how many companions had compiled the Qur’an in the form of a book?
A) 75 companions.
85) Which is that only book which is completely memorized by millions of people in the world?
86) What did the Jinns who heard a few Aayaath Verses) of the Qur’an say to each other?
A) We have heard a unique discourse which shows the right path, verily we believe in it.
87) Which are the most popular translations of the Qur’an in English?
A) Translation by Muhammed Marmaduke Pickthall and by Allama Yusuf Ali.
88) Into how many languages of the world has the Holy Qur’an been translated?
A) Nearly 103 languages.
89) Who was the first translator of the Holy Qur’an into Urdu?
A) Moulana Shah Rafiuddin Muhaddis Dehlavi.
90) What will be our condition on ‘The day of the Judgment’ according to the Qur’an?
A) Everybody will be in a state of anxiety.
91) Who was the Prophet mentioned in the Qur’an whose three generations were prophets?
A) Ibraheem (Alaihis-salaam) .
92) What is that book which abolished all old rules and regulations?
93) What does the Qur’an say about property and wealth?
A) They are tests of one’s faith.
94) According to the Qur’an who is ‘khaatamun Nabiyyeen’ (the last of the Prophets)?
A) Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)
95) What is the name of the book that tells us clearly about the reality of the beginning and the end of the world?
96) In the Qur’an what other name is given to the city of Makkah?
A) Bakkah and Baladul Ameen.
97) According to the Qur’an what other name is given to the city of Madinah?
98) Whose Generation is known as ‘Bani Israeel’ according to the Qur’an?
A) The generation of Prophet Yaqoob(Alaihis salaam) who is also known as Israeel.
99) Which are the mosques that are mentioned in the Qur’an
d) Masjid-u l-Aqsa.
e) Masjid Quba.
100) The name of which angels are mentioned in the Qur’an?
a) Jibraeel Ameen.Alaihis salaam)
b) Meekaeel.(Alaihis salaam)
c) Haroot.(Alaihis salaam)
d) Maroot.(Alaihis salaam)
Received by email.
1) What is the meaning of the word ‘Qur’an’?
A) That which is Read.
2) Where was the Qur’an revealed first?
A) In the cave of Hira (Makkah)
3) On which night was the Qur’an first revealed?
A) Lailatul-Qadr (Night of the Power)
4) Who revealed the Qur’an?
A) Allah revealed the Qur’an
5) Through whom was the Qur’an revealed?
A) Through Angel Jibraeel (Alaihis-Salaam)
6) To whom was the Qur’an revealed?
A) To the last Prophet, Muhammed (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam)
7) Who took the responsibility of keeping the Qur’an safe?
A) Allah himself
8) What are the conditions for holding or touching the Qur’an?
A) One has to be clean and to be with wudhu (ablution)
9) Which is the book which is read most?
A) The Qur’an
10) What is the topic of the Qur’an?
11) What are the other names of the Qur’an according to the Qur’an itself?
A) A l-Furqaan, Al-Kitaab, Al-Zikr, Al-Noor,Al-Huda
12) How many Makki Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur’an?
13) How many Madani Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur’an?
14) How many Manzils (stages) are there in the Qur’an?
15) How many Paara or Juz (parts) are there in the Qur’an?
16) How many Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur’an?
17) How many Rukoo (paragraphs) are there in the Qur’an?
18) How many Aayaath (verses) are there in the Qur’an?
19) How many times is the word ‘Allah’ repeated in the Qur’an?
20) How many different types of Aayaath (verses) are there in the Qur’an?
21) Who is the first ‘Haafiz’ of the Qur’an?
A) Prophet Muhammed (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam)
22) At the time of the death of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) how many Huffaz were there?
23) How many Aayaath (verses) on Sajda (prostat ion) are there in the Qur’an?
24) In which Paara (part) and Surah (chapter) do you find the first verse about Sajda (prostation) ?
A) 9th Paara, 7th Chapter-Surah- al-Araaf, Verse 206
25) How many times has the Qur’an stressed about Salaat or Namaaz (prayer)?
A) 700 times
26) How many times has the Qur’an emphasized on alms or charity?
27) How many times in the Qur’an, is the Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)
addressed asYaa-Aiyu-Han- Nabi?
A) 11 times
28) Where in the Qur’an has Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) been named ‘Ahmed’?
A) Paara 28th, Surah Saff, Ayath 6th
29) How many times has the name of Rasool-ullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) been mentioned in the Qur’an?
A) Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)-4times Ahmed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)-1 time
30) Name the Prophet whose name is mentionedand discussed most in the Qur’an?
A) Moosa (Alahis-Salaam)
31) Who were the Kaathibe-Wahi (copyists of the revelations) of the Qur’an?
A) Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu), Usman (Radhiallahu Anhu), Ali (Radhiallahu Anhu),
Zaid Bin Harith(Radhiallahu Anhu) And Abdullah bin Masood(Radhiallahu Anhu)
32) Who was the first person who counted the Aayaath (verses) of the Qur’an?
A) Ayesha (Radhiallahu Anha)
33) On whose advice did Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu) decide to compile the Qur’an?
A) Omer Farooq(Radhiallahu Anhu)
34) On whose order was the Qur’an compiled completely in written form?
A) Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu)
35) Who confined the recitation of the Qur’an on the style of the Quraysh tribe?
A) Usman (Radhiallahu Anhu)
36) Out of the copies of the Qur’an compiled by Usman (Radhiallahu Anhu), how many and where are they at present?
A) Only 2 copies. One in Tashkent and the other in Istanbul.
37) Which Surah of the Qur’an was Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) reciting while praying, that Hazrat Jabeer Bin Muth’im Listened to and embraced Islam?
A) Surah Thoor
38) Which was that Surah of the Qur’an which the Prophet Muhammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) had recited when one of his enemies Utba after listening to it fell in Sajda (prostation) ?
A) The first five Ayaaths of Ham-Meem-Sajda
39) Which is the first and the most ancient Mosque according to the Qur’an?
40) In Qur’an mankind is divided into two groups.Which are those two groups?
A) Believers and disbelievers
41) Who is the man about whom, Allah has said in the Qur’an that his body is kept as an admonishing
example for future generations to come?
A) Fir’aun. (Pharaoh)
42) Besides the body of Pharaoh, what is that thing which is kept as an admonishing example for future
generations to come?
A) Noah’s Ark.
43) After the wreckage of Prophet Noah’s Ark, which is its place of rest mentioned in theQur’an?
A) Cave of Judi.
44) In the Qur’an the name of whic h companion of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is mentioned?
A) Zaid Bin Harith.
45) Who is the relative of the Prophet Muahmmed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)whose name is mentioned in the Qur’an?
A) Abu Lahab
46) In the Qur’an there is a mention of a Prophet who has been called by his mother’s name. Who was he?
A) Jesus [Prophet Isa (Alahis salaam)] is mentioned as bn Maryam.
47) Which was the agreement that was titled Fath-hum-Mubeen’ without fighting a battle?
A) Treaty of Hudaibiya
48) What are the different names used for Satan or Devil in the Qur’an?
A) Iblees and Ash-Shaitaan.
49) Which category of creature does the Qur’an put ‘Iblees’ into?
50) What were those worships and prayers that were ordered by Allah to the community of Bani Israeel and
which were continued by the Muslim Ummah also?
A) Salaat and Zakaat. (Al-Baqarah: 43)
There once was a horse that fell into an abandoned well. His owner wanted to get him out but when he calculated the cost and effort and contemplated what he would have to do and everything the task would involve and the result of that, he came to a conclusion. He figured that the horse is too old and the well is abandoned. So, it would be easier just to buy a new horse and fill up the old well. Therefore, the plan was made.
The man went around to his neighbors and asked them to help him. So, they all gathered at the well and began shoveling dirt onto the horse. Well, the horse started going crazy, whining and sreaming and stomping. Suddenly, the sound dissappeared. The horse’s owner leaned over the well and looked down. He was amazed at what he saw.
Everytime a person dumped dirt onto the horse, he shook it off, when the dirt fell to the ground he stomped it . The more dirt they dumped on him the more he shook it off and stomped, rising up. The horse continued doing that until he finally made it to the top and jumped out of the well.
Brothers and sisters, this is exactly like life. This is exactly what Muslims have to go through. People are dumping dirt on you all the way from A to Z and you continue to rise by shaking it off and ignoring it. People have nothing but to bury you. It could be from your own family, friends, or your enemies. As long as you are with Allah (SWT) you will run into people who will definatley do that. And what is your job?
Your job is to be patient. Your job is to ignore. Your job is to shake it off like nothing happend. When someone insults you, when someone says something negative about you, know that you are with Allah (SWT). No one can do anything to you and the more people attack you the more you rise up.
And also remember that, people don’t attack a tree without fruit. They attack the tree with the fruit. They throw the stones to get the fruit out of that tree.
So, there is some benefit in that when you have something good, people will attack you. When you don’t have anything good, why should they talk about you? Why should they demean you? Why should they put you down? You are nothing. But when you are someone people will attack that.
Leave all the worries and burdens everything you you have and remember every calamity and problem you face is like a handful of dirt. Shake it off and rise with your actions and you will find yourself on top. The best time to find yourself on top is the Day of Judgement. Make your heart free of worries. Make your mind free of stress and live your life simple.
watch the full lecture here: http://www.sunnahfollowers.net/multimedia/detail.php?pid=984
Taken from a Khutbah by Shaykh Hasan Khalil @www.sunnahfollowers.net. Slightly modified to make the story flow in print form.
For list of Islamic sites, visit http://searchislam.wordpress.com